Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Creating Formulas to Subtract Values
Net increase in sales by region and month
Next, you’ll format the row and column titles for these tables. You’ll use the formatting
options on the Home tab and in the Format Cells dialog box to format the new table to
match the other tables.
To format the titles:
1. Select the range A4:K4 , and then click the Merge & Center button in the
Alignment group on the Home tab. The title is centered in the merged cell.
2. In the Styles group, click the Cell Styles button, and then click the Heading 1
style. The Heading 1 style is applied to the title.
3. Select the range A6:A19 , and then click the Merge & Center button
Alignment group. The label is centered in the merged cell.
4. In the Alignment group, click the Orientation button
, and then click Rotate
Text Up . The text in the cell rotates 90 degrees.
5. In the Alignment group, click the Middle Align button
. The text is centered
both horizontally and vertically in the cells.
6. Reduce the width of column A to characters. 5
7. Select the range C7:K19 , and then, in the Number group on the Home tab, click
the Dialog Box Launcher . The Format Cells dialog box opens with the Number
8. Click Number in the Category box, type (a zero) in the Decimal places box, 0
click the Use 1000 Separator (,) check box to insert a check mark, verify that the
–1,234 option is selected, and then click the OK button. The numbers display a
thousands separator and use a minus symbol for negatives.
Next you’ll copy this format to the two other tables on the worksheet.
9. Select the range A6:K19 .