Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
percentage of fat as well as list their total fat calories. She already created an Excel
workbook that contains a few sample food items and lists the number of calories and grams of
fat in each item. She wants you to format this workbook. Complete the following:
1. Open the Life workbook located in the Excel2\Case4 folder included with your
Data Files, and then save the workbook as Life Managers Nutrition Table . In the
Documentation sheet, enter your name in cell B3 and the date in cell B4.
2. In the Meal Planner worksheet, add a column that calculates the calories from fat for
each food item. Fat contains nine calories per gram.
3. Add a column that calculates the percentage of fat for each food item. This value is
calculated by dividing the calories from fat by the total number of calories.
4. Display all values for calories and grams of fat with one decimal place. Display the
fat percentages as percentages with one decimal place.
5. Format the rest of the Meal Planner worksheet attractively, but be sure to include at
least one example of each of the following design elements:
• A range merged into a single cell
• Text centered and rotated within a cell
• Cell styles applied to one or more elements
• Borders applied to one or more elements
6. For good health, the FDA recommends that the fat percentage should not exceed 30
percent of the total calories per day. Apply a rule to the fat percentages to highlight
those food items that exceed the FDA recommendation. Include a legend to
document the highlighting color you used.
7. Add descriptive headers and footers to the printed document. Also insert page breaks
and print titles to ensure that the printout is easily read and interpreted.
8. Save and close your workbook. Submit the ﬁ nished workbook to your instructor,
either in printed or electronic form, as requested.
SAM: Skills Assessment Manager
For current SAM information, including versions and content details, visit SAM Central
http://samcentral.course.com). If you have a SAM user proﬁ le, you may have access (
to hands-on instruction, practice, and assessment of the skills covered in this tutorial.
Because various versions of SAM are supported throughout the life of this text, check with
your instructor for the correct instructions and URL/Web site for accessing assignments.
ENDING DATA FILES
ExerComp Sales Report.xlsx
X410 Sales Comparison.xlsx
FrostiWear Sales Report.xlsx
GrillRite Grills Packing Slip.xlsx
Life Managers Nutrition Table.xlsx