Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
15. In cell B42, insert a line sparkline showing the growth of the portfolio over
consecutive three-year periods using the data range E4:E127 of the Portfolio worksheet.
Format the sparkline to match the other two sparklines.
16. Add solid blue data bars to the values in the range G13:G20. Modify the data bar
rule so that the maximum length of the data bar corresponds to a number value of
1.8. Repeat to create data bars for the area values in the range G23:G25.
17. Select the range A3:B127 in the Portfolio History worksheet, and insert a line chart.
Move the embedded chart to a new chart sheet named Cover Sheet . Move the Cover
Sheet worksheet directly after the Documentation sheet.
18. Change the chart style to Style 34 (the second style in the ﬁ fth row of the Chart Styles
gallery). Remove the display of the horizontal, vertical, and depth axes. Remove the
19. For the 3-D rotation, set the x-axis to 60°, the y-axis to 10°, the perspective to 15°,
and the depth of the base to 2000.
20. Change the chart title to Crockett Family Portfolio . Set the font size of the chart title
to 40 points.
21. Save and close your workbook, and then submit the ﬁ nished workbook to your
instructor, either in printed or electronic form, as requested.
If you have a SAM 2010 user profile, your instructor may have assigned an
autogradable version of this assignment. If so, log into the SAM 2010 Web site at
www.cengage.com/sam2010 to download the instructions and start files.
Case Problem 1
Data File needed for this Case Problem: Kenai.xlsx
Kenai Fjords National Park Maria Sanford is the chief of interpretation at Kenai Fjords
National Park. Part of her job is to report on park usage at the visitor centers. She wants
to create a chart sheet that displays the park usage data. She has recorded last year’s
usage data in an Excel workbook. She asks you to present this data in a 3-D column
chart for an upcoming meeting with her supervisor. She wants the chart to show the
monthly usage totals organized by visitor center. She also wants a 3-D pie chart
superimposed on the column chart and a table of park usage data. Complete the following:
1. Open the Kenai workbook located in the Excel4\Case1 folder included with your
Data Files, and then save the workbook as Kenai Fjords Park . In the Documentation
sheet, enter your name in cell B3 and the date in cell B4.
2. In the Park Usage Data worksheet, select the range A3:D15, and then insert the
3-D Column chart (the last chart in the 3-D Column section in the Charts gallery).
3. Move the chart to a chart sheet named Monthly Visits . Place the Monthly Visits chart
sheet directly after the Documentation sheet.
4. Change the style of the chart to Style 42 (the second style in the sixth row in the
Chart Styles gallery).
5. Insert a chart title using the centered overlay title format, change the title to Kenai
Fjords National Park 2013 Census , and then set its font size to 24 points. Remove
the legend from the chart.
6. Add the title Monthly Visitors to the vertical axis. Rotate the title 90° and set the font
size to 14 points.
7. Rotate the 3-D chart using the following parameters: x-axis rotation 30°, y-axis
rotation 20°, perspective 25°, and depth 130. ( Hint : Uncheck the Right Angle Axes
check box in the Chart Scale section to make the Perspective box active.)
8. Modify the depth axis so that the values are displayed in reverse order. ( Hint : Use the
Axes button in the Axes group on the Chart Tools Layout tab to modify the depth axis.)
9. Insert a data table without legend keys below the 3-D chart to provide the data
values for the different columns. ( Hint : Use the Data Table button in the Labels group
on the Chart Tools Layout tab.)