Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Practice the skills
you learned in
the tutorial using
the same case
Data File needed for the Review Assignments: Provider.accdb
In the Review Assignments, you’ll create a new database to contain information about
the suppliers that Belmont Landscapes works with on its landscape design projects.
Complete the following steps:
1. Create a new, blank database named Supplier , and save it in the Access1\Review
folder provided with your Data Files.
2. In Datasheet view for the Table1 table, rename the default ID primary key ﬁ eld to
CompanyID . Change the data type of the CompanyID ﬁ eld to Text.
3. Add the following 10 ﬁ elds to the new table in the order shown; all of them are Text
ﬁ elds except InitialContact, which is a Date/Time ﬁ eld: Company , Product , Address ,
City , State , Zip , Phone , ContactFirst , ContactLast , and InitialContact . Resize the
columns as necessary so that the complete ﬁ eld names are displayed. Save the table
as Company .
4. Enter the records shown in Figure 1-30 in the Company table. For the ﬁ rst record,
be sure to enter your ﬁ rst name in the ContactFirst ﬁ eld and your last name in the
ContactLast ﬁ eld.
Company table records
200 Lincoln Dr
380 W 20th St
780 N Main St
435 Central Dr
105 E 8th St
5. Oren created a database named Provider that contains a Business table with supplier
data. The Company table you created has the same design as the Business table.
Copy all the records from the Business table in the Provider database (located in the
Access1\Review folder provided with your Data Files) and paste them at the end of
the Company table in the Supplier database.
6. Resize columns in the datasheet, as necessary, so that all the ﬁ eld values are
completely displayed, and then save the Company table.
7. Close the Company table, and then use the Navigation Pane to reopen it. Note that
the records are displayed in primary key order.
8. Use the Simple Query Wizard to create a query that includes the Company, Product,
ContactFirst, ContactLast, and Phone ﬁ elds (in that order) from the Company table.
Name the query CompanyList , and then close the query.
9. Use the Form tool to create a form for the Company table. Save the form as
CompanyInfo , and then close it.
10. Use the Report tool to create a report based on the Company table. In Layout
view, resize the CompanyID, City, State, Zip, Phone, ContactFirst, ContactLast, and
InitialContact ﬁ elds so they are slightly wider than the longest entry (either the ﬁ eld
name itself or an entry in the ﬁ eld). Also, resize the box containing the total amount
that appears below the CompanyID column so that the amount is completely
displayed. Display the report in Print Preview and verify that all the ﬁ elds ﬁ t across two
pages in the report. Save the report as CompanyDetails , and then close it.