Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
8. Use the Form tool to create a form for the Program table. Save the form as
ProgramInfo , and then close it.
9. Use the Report tool to create a report based on the Program table. In Layout view,
resize the ProgramID and PhysicalRequired ﬁ elds so they are slightly wider than
the longest entry (either the ﬁ eld name itself or an entry in the ﬁ eld). All four ﬁ elds
should ﬁ t within the page area after resizing. Move the text “Page 1 of 1” to the left
so it is within the page area. Also, resize the box containing the total amount that
appears below the MonthlyFee column so that the amount is completely displayed.
Display the report in Print Preview and verify that the ﬁ elds and page number ﬁ t
within the page area. Save the report as ProgramList , print the report (only if asked
by your instructor to do so), and then close it.
10. Close the Program table, and then compact and repair the Fitness database.
11. Close the Fitness database.
Case Problem 3
skills to create
for an agency
Data File needed for this Case Problem: RRGroup.accdb
Rossi Recycling Group The Rossi Recycling Group is a not-for-proﬁ t agency in Salina,
Kansas that provides recycled household goods to needy people and families at no
charge. Residents of Salina and surrounding communities donate cash and goods, such
as appliances, furniture, and tools, to the Rossi Recycling Group. The group’s volunteers
then coordinate with local human services agencies to distribute the goods to those in
need. The Rossi Recycling Group was established by Mary and Tom Rossi, who live on
the outskirts of Salina on a small farm. Mary and Tom organize the volunteers to collect
the goods and store the collected items in their barn for distribution. Tom wants to
create an Access database to manage information about donors, their donations, and the
human services agencies. Complete the following steps:
1. Create a new, blank database named Rossi , and then save it in the Access1\Case3
folder provided with your Data Files.
2. In Datasheet view for the Table1 table, rename the default primary key ID ﬁ eld to
DonorID . Change the data type of the DonorID ﬁ eld to Text.
3. Add the following four Text ﬁ elds to the new table in the order shown: Title ,
FirstName , LastName , and Phone . Resize the columns, if necessary, so that the
complete ﬁ eld names are displayed. Save the table as Donor .
4. Enter the records shown in Figure 1-33 in the Donor table. For the ﬁ rst record, be
sure to enter your title in the Title ﬁ eld, your ﬁ rst name in the FirstName ﬁ eld, and
your last name in the LastName ﬁ eld.
Donor table records
5. Tom created a database named RRGroup that contains a Contributors table with data
about donors. The Donor table you created has the same design as the Contributors
table. Copy all the records from the Contributors table in the RRGroup database
(located in the Access1\Case3 folder provided with your Data Files) and paste them
at the end of the Donor table in the Rossi database.