Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Records for the Product table
Steel and cast iron
Weight in Lbs
8 x 2 feet
8. Use the Import Spreadsheet Wizard to add data to the Product table. The data you
need to import is contained in the Goods workbook, which is an Excel ﬁ le located in
the Access1\Review folder provided with your Data Files.
a. Specify the Goods workbook as the source of the data.
b. Select the option for appending the data.
c. Select Product as the table.
d. In the Import Spreadsheet Wizard dialog boxes, make sure Access conﬁ rms that
the ﬁ rst row contains column headings, and import to the Product table. Do not
save the import steps.
9. Open the Product table in Datasheet view and resize all columns to their best ﬁ t.
Then save and close the Product table.
10. Deﬁ ne a one-to-many relationship between the primary Company table and the
related Product table. Select the referential integrity option and the cascade updates
option for the relationship.
11. Save the changes to the Relationships window and close it, compact and repair the
Supplier database, and then close the database.
If you have a SAM 2010 user profile, your instructor may have assigned an
autogradable version of this assignment. If so, log into the SAM 2010 Web site at
www.cengage.com/sam2010 to download the instructions and start files.
Case Problem 1
Data Files needed for this Case Problem: Pinehill.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 1 ),
Music.accdb, Lessons.xlsx, and Student.txt
Pine Hill Music School Yuka Koyama uses the Pinehill database to maintain
information about the students, teachers, and contracts for her music school. Yuka asks you
to help her build the database by updating one table and creating two new tables.
Complete the following steps:
1. Open the Pinehill database, which you created and stored in the Access1\Case1
folder in Tutorial 1.
2. Open the Teacher table in Design view, and set the ﬁ eld properties as shown in
Field properties for the Teacher table
Caption = Teacher ID
Caption = First Name
Caption = Last Name
Format = Short Date
Caption = Hire Date
3. Add a new ﬁ eld as the last ﬁ eld in the Teacher table with the ﬁ eld name Beginners ,
the Yes/No data type, a Format property of Yes/No, and a Caption property of Takes