Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
4. Save the Teacher table. Click the Yes button when a message appears indicating
some data might be lost.
5. In the datasheet, resize the Takes Beginners column to best ﬁ t, and then specify
that the following teachers can take beginners: Schwartz, Eberle, Norris, Tanaka,
Culbertson, and Mueller.
6. Save and close the Teacher table.
7. Yuka created a table named Student in the Music database that is located in the
Access1\Case1 folder provided with your Data Files. Import the structure of the
Student table in the Music database into a new table named Student in the Pinehill
database. Do not save the import steps.
8. Open the Student table in Datasheet view, and then add the following two ﬁ elds to
the end of the table: BirthDate (Date/Time ﬁ eld) and Gender (Text ﬁ eld).
9. Use the Phone Quick Start selection in the Data Type gallery to add four ﬁ elds
related to phones between the Zip and BirthDate ﬁ elds. ( Hint: Be sure to make the
BirthDate ﬁ eld the active ﬁ eld before adding the new ﬁ elds.)
10. Display the Student table in Design view, delete the BusinessPhone and FaxNumber
ﬁ elds, and then save and close the Student table.
11. Modify the design of the Student table so that it matches the design in Figure 2-47,
including the revised ﬁ eld names and data types.
Field properties for the Student table
Caption = Student ID
Caption = Last Name
Caption = First Name
Format = Short Date
Caption = Birth Date
12. Move the LastName ﬁ eld so it follows the FirstName ﬁ eld.
13. Save your changes to the table design, add the records shown in Figure 2-48 to the
Student table, and then close the Student table.
Records for the Student table
15675 SW Greens Way
7660 SW 135th Ave
14. Yuka exported the student data that she was maintaining in another computer system
to a text ﬁ le, and she asks you to add this data to the Student table. The data you
need to import is contained in the Student text ﬁ le (located in the Access1\Case1
folder provided with your Data Files).
a. Specify the Student text ﬁ le as the source of the data.
b. Select the option for appending the data to the table.