Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• Styles enable you to save time changing the formatting and help to
enforce consistency in the design.
• If you change the way a particular style looks, Word will reformat
any text that uses that style throughout the document.
• The navigation pane and document map will help you to ﬁ nd your
way around your newsletter.
• You can search for key words – but take care not to use ﬁ nd and
replace too broadly.
• Themes are prepackaged design combinations.
• Text in columns can be easier to read.
• You can ﬂ ow text around your images or put text on top of them.
• Make sure your text remains legible when it’s on top of a picture.
The artistic effects can help by smoothing out detail in the image.
• Use the special picture effects to add glow, reﬂ ection or shadows to
your picture sparingly.
• Use styles to change the spacing around headlines and stories
• Use text boxes for short stories. Headlines in text boxes do not
appear in your document map or table of contents.
• Word can automatically generate your table of contents, if you’ve
used heading styles in your document.