Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• PowerPoint documents are created one screenful at a time. Each
screenful is called a slide.
• A PowerPoint presentation or slide show is a sequence of slides.
• To play a slide show from the start, click the From Beginning button
on the Slide Show ribbon.
• You can use the cursor keys (and many others) to move backwards
and forwards through the slide show.
• You can also set a timer so that slides advance automatically.
• Templates include a set of different slide layouts and some
demonstration slides to showcase them.
• Click the New Slide words on the Home ribbon to add one of the
slide layouts from the template you’ve chosen.
• Use the navigation pane to select a slide to edit, move or delete.
• In PowerPoint 2010, there is a separate ribbon for Transitions and
Animations. In PowerPoint 2007, both are on the Animations
• A transition is what happens when one slide moves to the next.
• An animation happens to something that is on a slide, such as a
• If you have a lot of photos, you can insert a photo album from the
Insert ribbon so you don’t have to add them to your slide show one
at a time.