Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Changing the Chart Options
Generating Excel Charts
Right-click the data point you want to
modify. A shortcut menu appears.
2. Choose Format Data Series. The Format Data
Series dialog box appears.
If you are working with a pie chart or a bar
or column chart with only one series, the
option will say Format Data Point.
3. Click the Fill choice in the list at the left. Fill
options appear on the right side.
Format Data Point fill options.
Change Series Color
If you just want to change the series color,
select Solid fill and pick a color.
6. Locate and select the picture you want to use.
Click Insert. The Format Data Series dialog
4. Select Picture or Texture Fill (see Figure 13-28).
8. Choose whether you want Excel to stretch
the picture to fill the series or to multiply
them and stack them on top each other.
Typically you would use the stretch option if
you are modifying a pie chart. Using the
stretch option with bar or column charts
seriously distorts the image.
5. Click File. The Insert Picture dialog box
Optionally, click the ClipArt button to select
a ClipArt object instead of an image.
9. Click OK. Figure 13-29 illustrates a pie chart
where one series was replaced with a
photograph, one with a solid color, one with
texture, and one with a gradient fill.