Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Producing a Report with a Pivot Table
Figure 18-46: A 132-page pivot table report.
Here’s a quick summary of how I created this report:
1. I selected a cell in the table and chose Insert
2. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, I clicked OK to accept the default settings.
3. In the new worksheet, I used the PivotTable Field List and dragged the following fields to
the Row Labels area: Genre, Artist, and Album.
4. I dragged these fields to the Values area: Song, Size, and Duration.
5. I used the Active Field, Field Settings dialog box to summarize Song as Count, Size as
Sum, and Duration as Sum.
6. I wanted the information in the Size column to display in megabytes, so I formatted the
column using this custom number format: