Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To open a datasheet, follow these steps:
1. Click Business Contact Manager from the Navigation bar on the Office
Live Home page.
The Business Contact Manager dashboard opens.
2. Click the tab that contains the list you want to enter data for.
3. Select the view you want to work with.
The datasheet that opens reflects your current view. If you are using a
view that contains only the name, city and phone number — those are
the only columns that appear in your datasheet.
4. Choose Edit in Datasheet from the Actions drop-down menu.
A datasheet appears (see Figure 8-20).
5. Scroll to the bottom of the list and start to enter your data in the
bottom row of the datasheet.
Business Contact Manager makes this task pretty easy. The column
headers stay in sight, no matter how far down you scroll in the list. You
can also press Tab to advance from one field to the next. When you get
to the end of a record, your cursor immediately jumps to the next row,
which is blank and just waiting for your data. You’ll also see that if you
start to type something that is already in the datasheet — for example
Chicago or United States — the word autocompletes and you can move
on to the next field.