Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
2. Click the Business Application you’d like to modify.
3. Choose Create New from the Common Tasks drop-down list.
Here I’ve chosen to modify the Employee Directory, so the Employee
Directory — Create page opens (see Figure 12-2).
You can add a lot of different tabs to an existing application. To save you
a bit of time, here’s a brief rundown.
You can add three types of libraries:
• Document: Here’s where you can add documents so that you can
collaborate on, share, and monitor the versions of documents in a
• Form: For the more technically oriented folks in the crowd, you can
create a form library where you store XML-based business forms
(such as status reports or purchase orders).
• Picture: Here’s where you can create an online album of the
pictures you want to share.
There are two types of Communications tabs:
• Announcements: Create an announcements list when you want a
place to share news, status, and other short bits of information.
• Discussion Board: Create a discussion board to provide a place for
newsgroup-style discussions. Discussion boards provide features
for managing discussion threads and ensuring that only approved