Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
If you want to keep your eyes peeled for savvy moves by the competition,
here’s what you need to do:
1. Click Business Applications in the Navigation bar of the Office Live
Home page; then click Sales.
The Sales page opens.
2. Click Competition Tracker from the Navigation bar.
The Competition Tracker application opens to the Competition tab (see
3. Click the New icon.
The New Competition page appears as shown in Figure 15-12.
4. Fill in the pertinent information.
Only one of the fields — Competitor — is mandatory. (A few of the fields
might seem to require the hiring of some sleazy-looking guy in a dark
raincoat and sunglasses to help you collect the information.)
• Threat Level: Rate the competitor’s as a High, Medium, or Low risk
to your company.
• Competitor: Supply the name of the competing company.
• Location: Fill in the location of the competitor’s offices.
• Web Site: Jot down the competitor’s Web site address.
• History: Give a brief description of the competitor’s history.
• Key Personnel: Supply the names of the competitor’s main people.