Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• Remarks: Here’s where you can write a capsule summary about the
Unless you can get your hands on the company’s financial
statements — or your competitor is a publicly traded company —
the next three fields will probably remain blank:
• Revenue (last year): Fill in the company’s total revenue for the
• Profit (last year): Indicate the profit that the company showed for
the last year.
• Growth: Give the percentage of growth that the company
experienced during the last year.
• Intellectual Properties: If the competitor holds any patents or
intellectual properties, you can write about them here.
• R&D Focus: Here’s where you can add a synopsis of where the
competitor is headed — if you know it.
• Target Market: Describe the type of consumers the competitor is
• Market Shares: Write a description based on your best guesstimate
of the competitor’s share of the market.
• Number of employees: Fill in the number of employees that the
competitor has working.
• Avg. Compensation (per month): Fill in the average amount of
money that the competitor is paying its employees.
5. Click OK to save your changes and return to the Competition List.