Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
4. Click the New icon.
The New Product Information page opens, as shown in Figure 15-16. The
only necessary field is the name of the competing product.
• Competitor’s Product: Give the name of the competitor’s product.
• Threat Level: Choose High, Medium, or Low.
• URL: Fill in the Web site address where you can find additional
• Price: The price per unit of the competitor’s product.
• Company: Select a company from the Competition list.
• Our Product: Choose your company’s equivalent product from the
Business Contact Manager product list.
• Feature Parity: Describe how the competing product is similar to
• Strength: List the strengths of the competitor’s product.
• Weakness: List the weaknesses of the competitor’s product.
• Marketing Strategy: Discuss the strategy that your competitor uses
to market its product.
• Customer Base: Describe to whom your competitor is marketing
• Remarks: Fill in any other thoughts you might have about the
5. Click OK to save the Product Information and return to the Product