Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Use the Asset Requests list when one of your employees is lusting after
a snazzy new laptop or shiny new delivery truck — and is hoping you’ll
purchase it for your company (and, ahem, somebody’s benefit). When you’ve
purchased it, you can add the asset to the Manage Resources list found in the
Time Manager application (see Chapter 13), and your employees can check
out the asset when they need it.
Listing your assets
The Company Assets page is divided into two tabs: Assets and Asset Requests.
It only stands to reason that you must own an asset before you can borrow it.
Follow these steps to start tracking your assets:
1. Click Business Applications on the Navigation bar of the Office Live
Home page and then click Company Administration.
2. Click Company Assets in the Navigation bar.
The Assets list opens, as shown in Figure 17-2.
3. Click the New icon.
The Assets – New Item page opens; see Figure 17-3.
4. Fill in the information that you have about the asset.
There are a number of fields to fill in. Do your best to enter as many of
them as you can.
• Asset Name: Give a name to the asset. This field is required.
• Asset Type: Choose Other, Current or Fixed. Assets are grouped
according to type on the Asset List. You much choose an asset type.