Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3. Click the New icon.
The Training Courses – New Item page opens; see Figure 17-15.
4. Start designing your training course.
Although only the Course Title and Date fields are required, I
recommend that you fill in all the fields; otherwise you might find yourself
teaching a class with no attendees.
• Course Title: Supply a title for the training course. If the course is
mandatory for your employees, you have a captive audience and
the title doesn’t make a whole lot of difference. If you’re going to
be selling the class, however, then you’ll want to come up with an
• Training Type: Select Classroom Online, Conference Call, or Other.
• Instructor: Fill in the name of the course instructor.
• Audience: Select Employee, Customer, or All from the drop-down list.
• Location: Show the physical location of the training course.
• Start Time: Indicate the starting date and time.
• End Time: Indicate the ending date and time.
• Description: Here’s where you can write a great description of the
course — particularly if you gave it an intriguing title that might
not have been absolutely clear.