Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Loading and Managing Add-Ins
To use an add-in, first you must copy it to your computer’s hard drive. To
do that, you need the name and location of the add-in. If your company’s
IT department created the add-in, it can tell you the name and location of
that add-in. After you copy the add-in to your hard drive, using the add-in is
simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Click the Add-Ins button in the Add-Ins group on the Database Tools
tab of the Ribbon.
2. From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Add-In Manager.
The Add-In Manager dialog box appears, listing the add-ins you’ve
3. To install an add-in, click the Add New button.
The Open dialog box appears.
4. Navigate to the folder in which the add-in is stored, and click the
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to add as many add-ins as you want.
6. When you finish, click the Close button in the Add-In Manager dialog
To remove an add-in, open the Add-In Manager dialog box, select the name
of the add-in you want to remove, and click the Uninstall button.