Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Inserting content controls
2 Click in your document where you want to insert a content control.
3 Click the Developer tab.
4 In the Controls group, click the button to insert the type of content
control that you want. Your choices include the following:
• Rich Text Accepts text with styles or direct formatting, pic-
tures, videos, tables, other content controls, and so forth.
• Plain Text Accepts only text. If you apply a style or direct
formatting, it affects all the text in the content control. By
default, the control can contain only one paragraph, but you can
select an option in the Properties dialog box to allow multiple
• Picture Accepts pictures from your computer, from Office.com
clip art, or from the Internet.
• building block gallery Enables the user to choose from a gal-
lery of building blocks. You specify the gallery that the control
displays by selecting an entry in the Properties dialog box.
• Check box Displays a check box that the user can select or
clear by clicking it or pressing the Spacebar.
• Combo box Displays a control in which you can type text or
select from a drop-down list of entries.
• Drop-Down List Displays a control in which you can select
from a drop-down list of entries.
• Date Picker Displays a control in which you can type a date or
choose one from a drop-down calendar.
• Repeating section Accepts plain or formatted text, pictures,
tables, other content controls, and so forth. When you click the
plus-sign icon to the right of the Repeating Section content
control, another copy of the control’s contents appears below
the existing copy. Any content controls inside the new copy show
their placeholder text.