Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
6. Click the Close button
on the Word title bar to close the document and exit the program.
7. Close Outlook Express.
Susan congratulates you for completing the basic tasks in Outlook Express and for send-
ing Martha the message with the attached file. She is sure that you will be able to research
the information that she wants and to send and receive messages easily.
Session 2 Quick Check
1. What is the role of an e-mail server?
2. What are the default folders in Outlook Express?
3. Which toolbar button do you click to compose a message?
4. List three guidelines that you should follow when composing e-mail messages.
5. What are two ways that you can enter an e-mail address in the To text box?
6. Multiple e-mail addresses in the To text box must be separated by a(n)
7. Describe two ways to enter contacts in the Address Book.
8. When attaching a file to an e-mail message, why must you consider the size of the
file before sending the message with the attachment?
To reinforce the tasks you
learned in this session, go
to the SAM 2003 Training
Companion CD included
with this text.
In this tutorial you were introduced to the basics of Web browsers, specifically Internet
Explorer. You learned about the major components of the Internet Explorer window. You
also learned how to navigate to Web sites and between Web pages on a Web site. You
learned how to return to visited sites and pages using the Back and Forward buttons and
the History Explorer bar. You also learned how to save a Web site as a favorite so you can
return to the site with one click.
The tutorial presented some basic information on e-mail using Outlook Express. You
learned the components and features of Outlook Express. You learned how to create and
send an e-mail message, receive and reply to a message, and attach a file to a message.
You also learned about the Address Book and how to add contacts to it.
DSL (Digital Subscriber
e-mail client software
Internet Protocol (IP) address
Internet service provider (ISP)