Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Quick Check Answers
1. The Internet is a collection of networked computers, and located on these computers
is a system of electronic documents that are linked together and referred to as the
World Wide Web. You need to be connected to the Internet to have access to the
World Wide Web.
2. A Web browser is the software that runs on your computer so it can communicate
with all different types of computers connected to the Internet and access the HTML
documents that reside on those computers.
3. The http stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), used to transport the file; the
resides; the .org identifies the Web server type; and main.html is the name of the file.
5. A home page is the main page that all of the pages on a particular Web site are orga-
nized around and link back to.
6. You can click the Back or Forward button, use the History list, or save a site as a
7. Search engines are Web pages that conduct searches of the Web to find the words or
expressions that you enter. The result of a search is a Web page that contains hyper-
links to Web pages with matching text or expressions. These pages can give users an
easy way to find information on the Web.
8. Web Page, complete
1. An e-mail server uses store-and-forward technology to store e-mail messages until
recipients request them and to forward the messages to the requesting computers.
2. Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Drafts, and Deleted Items
3. Create Mail
4. Remember e-mail is not private; provide meaningful information in the subject line;
check with recipients before sending large file attachments to find out about size
restrictions and set up a convenient time to send the attachment.
5. Type the e-mail address in the To text box; select a contact from the Address Book;
double-click the contact in the Contacts list.
6. comma or semicolon
7. Enter the information manually in the Address Book; or reply to an e-mail address or
right-click the name of the sender in the From column, then click Add Sender to
Address Book on the shortcut menu.
8. Messages with large attachments can take a long time for the recipient to download.
Most e-mail servers have a limit to the size of the files you can attach; some allow
files no larger than 1 MB. You need to check with your recipients before sending large
file attachments to find out about size restrictions.