Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Getting Help from the Help Task Pane
Click the Other Task Panes button on the task pane title bar, and then click Help ( or
click Help on the menu bar, and then click Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access/
Type a keyword or phrase in the Search for text box, and then click the Start searching button.
Click a Help topic in the Search Results task pane.
Read the information in the Help window. For more information, click other topics or links.
Click the Close button on the Help window title bar.
You’ll use the Help task pane to obtain more information about getting help in Office.
To use the Help task pane:
1. Click the Other Task Panes button on the task pane title bar, and then click Help .
2. Type get help in the Search for text box. See Figure 18.
Microsoft Word Help task pane with keyword
Help task pane
type keyword here
online Help options
3. Click the Start searching button
. The Search Results task pane opens with a list of top-
ics related to your keywords.
4. Scroll through the list to review the Help topics.
5. Click About getting help while you work to open the Microsoft Word Help window and
learn more about the various ways to obtain help in Word. See Figure 19.