Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
1. List the five programs included in Office.
2. How do you start an Office program?
3. Explain the difference between Save As and Save.
4. What is one method for opening an existing Office file?
5. What happens if you attempt to close a file or exit a program without saving the cur-
rent version of the open file?
6. What are four ways to get help?
To reinforce the tasks you
learned in this tutorial, go
to the SAM 2003 Training
Companion CD included
with this text.
You have learned how to use features common to all the programs included in Microsoft
Office 2003, including starting and exiting programs; resizing windows; using menus
and toolbars; working with task panes; saving, opening, closing, and printing files; and
Help task pane
Microsoft Access 2003
Microsoft Excel 2003
Microsoft Office 2003
Microsoft Office Online
Microsoft Outlook 2003
Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft Word 2003
Type a question for help box
Data Files needed for the Review Assignments: Finances.xls, Letter.doc
Before the stockholders meeting at Delmar Office Supplies, you’ll open and print docu-
ments for the upcoming presentation. Complete the following steps:
Practice the skills you
learned in the tutorial
using the same case
1. Start PowerPoint.
2. Use the Help task pane to learn how to change the toolbar buttons from small to
large, and then do it. Use the same procedure to change the buttons back to regular
size. Close the Help window when you’re done.
3. Start Excel.
4. Switch to the PowerPoint window using the taskbar, and then close the presentation
but leave open the PowerPoint program. ( Hint: Click the Close Window button on the
5. Open a new, blank PowerPoint presentation from the Getting Started task pane. ( Hint:
Click Create a new presentation in the Open section of the Getting Started task pane.)