Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Items in the Clipboard task pane
paragraph you copied second
8. Click the New Blank Document button on the Standard toolbar. A new, blank docu-
ment opens. The Clipboard icon on the Windows taskbar indicates that although the
Clipboard task pane is no longer visible, it is still active.
9. Double-click the Clipboard icon
on the right side of the Windows taskbar. The Clipboard
task pane is now visible.
Now you can use the Clipboard task pane to insert the copied text into the new document.
To insert the copied text into the new document:
1. In the Clipboard task pane, click the item that begins “You should definitely add . . . ” The
text is inserted in the document.
2. Press the Enter key to insert a blank line, and then click the item that begins “After you
have installed the root ball . . . ” in the task pane. The text is inserted in the document.
3. Save the document as Flowering Shrub FAQ in the Tutorial.02\Tutorial folder, and then
close the document. You return to the Tree FAQ document, where the Clipboard task pane
is still open. You are finished using the Clipboard task pane, so you will delete its contents.
4. Click the Clear All button on the Clipboard task pane. The copied items are removed from
the Clipboard task pane.
5. Click the Close button
on the Clipboard task pane. The Clipboard task pane closes.
6. Click anywhere in the document to deselect the highlighted paragraph.
7. Save the document.