Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
The Underline button works in the same way as the Bold button. Marilee’s edits indicate
that the word “Note” should be inserted and underlined at the beginning of the final para-
graph. Using the Underline button, you’ll make both of these changes at the same time.
To underline text:
1. Press Ctrl+End to move the insertion point to the end of the document, then press Ctrl+
to move the insertion point to the left of the word “Any” in the first line of the final paragraph.
2. Click the Underline button on the Formatting toolbar to turn on underlining. The
Underline button is highlighted. Whatever text you type now will be underlined on your
screen and in your printed document.
3. Type Note: and then click the Underline button on the Formatting toolbar to turn off
underlining. The Underline button is no longer highlighted, and “Note:” is now underlined.
4. Press the spacebar . See Figure 2-29.
Word typed with underline
Next, you’ll format each instance of “Long Meadow Gardens” in italic. This helps draw
attention to the company name.
To italicize the company name:
1. Scroll up to the first question on the second page (“Do I have to do anything to the tree
2. In the first line below the question, select Long Meadow Gardens .
3. Click the Italic button on the Formatting toolbar. The company name changes from
regular to italic text. In the next step, you’ll learn a useful method for repeating the task
you just performed.
4. Scroll down to the last paragraph of the document, select the company name, and then
press the F4 key. The F4 key enables you to repeat your most recent action. It is especially
helpful when formatting parts of a document.
5. Save the document.