Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
6. Cut and paste removes the selected material from its original location and inserts it in
a new location. Copy and paste makes a copy of the selected material and inserts the
copy in a new location; the original material remains in its original location.
7. Click Edit on the menu bar, click Replace, type the search text in the Find what text
box, type the replacement text in the Replace with text box, click Find Next, Replace,
or click Replace all.
1. The default top and bottom margins are 1 inch. The default left and right margins are
2. Select the text you want to change, click the Line Spacing list arrow on the
Formatting toolbar, and then click the line spacing option you want. Or select the
text, and then press Ctrl+1 for single spacing, Ctrl+5 for 1.5 line spacing, or Ctrl+2
for double spacing.
3. Left alignment: each line flush left, ragged right; Right alignment: each line flush
right, ragged left; Center: each line centered, ragged right and left.; Justify: each line
flush left and flush right.
4. To indent a paragraph, place the insertion point in the paragraph and then click the
Increase Indent button on the Formatting toolbar. Each click indents the text .5 inches,
so to indent 1 inch, click the button two times. Use the horizontal ruler to confirm
that the text is indented to the correct position.
5. You might use the Format Painter to copy the formatting of a heading to the other
headings in a document.
6. Select the paragraphs, and then click the Numbering button on the Formatting
7. Click the Underline button on the Formatting toolbar, type the word, and then click
the Underline button again to turn off underlining.