Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To enter the task force list using tabs:
1. Verify that nonprinting characters are displayed, and then move the insertion point to the
line below the text “Written by Tyger Networks:.”
2. Type Caitlyn Waller , and then press the Tab key. A tab character appears, and the inser-
tion point moves to the first tab stop after the “r” in “Waller.” This tab stop is located at
the 1.5-inch mark on the horizontal ruler. See Figure 3-4.
location of tab stop
3. Type Account Manager , and then press the Enter key. The insertion point moves to a new
line, ready for you to enter the next name in the list.
4. Type Melissa J. Curlington , and then press the Tab key. The insertion point moves to the
first available tab stop, at the 2-inch mark on the horizontal ruler.
5. Type Product Manager , and then press the Enter key.
As you can see, Melissa J. Curlington’s title does not align with Caitlyn Waller’s title on the
line above. You’ll fix this in a moment by inserting a new tab stop that overrides the default
tab stops. But first continue typing the list of names.
6. Type Angelo Zurlo-Cuva , press the Tab key, type Sales Engineer , press the Enter key,
type your first and last name, press the Tab key, and then type Network Engineer . When
you are finished, your document should look like Figure 3-5.