Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Session 4.2 Quick Check
1. Define the following in your own words:
a. drop cap
c. clip art
d. main document
e. data source
2. Explain how to insert a clip art graphic in Word.
3. True or False: When inserting a drop cap, you cannot specify the number of lines you
want the drop cap to extend into the document vertically.
4. Describe two different methods for inserting the registered trademark symbol in
5. Describe the process for drawing a border around a page.
6. Describe the steps involved in performing a mail merge.
To reinforce the tasks you
learned in this session, go
to the SAM 2003 Training
Companion CD included
with this text.
In this tutorial you planned a newsletter and learned about the elements of desktop pub-
lishing. You worked with hyperlinks, created a WordArt headline, anchored a WordArt
object, and formatted text in newspaper-style columns. You also inserted a graphic into a
document, edited the graphic, inserted drop caps, and inserted symbols and special char-
acters. Finally, you balanced the newsletter columns, drew a border around the page, and
used mail merge to create customized cover letters to accompany the newsletter.
WordArt Shape button