Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To change the margins and positioning of the worksheet:
1. Click the Print Preview button on the Standard toolbar. The Print Preview window
opens, displaying the worksheet as it will appear on the printed page.
2. Click the Setup button on the Print Preview toolbar, and then click the Margins tab. The
Margins tab, as shown in Figure 3-30, provides a diagram that shows you the placement of
the worksheet on the page. In addition to adjusting the sizes of the margins, you can also
adjust the positioning of the worksheet on the printout.
Margins tab in the Page Setup dialog box
click to center
3. Click the Left up arrow to set the size of the left margin to 1 inch, and then click the Right
up arrow to increase the size of the right margin to 1 inch.
4. Click the Horizontally check box, and then click the OK button to close the Page Setup
dialog box and return to Print Preview.
Note that this printout does not fit on a single page. As indicated in the status line located
in the lower-left corner of the Print Preview window, the worksheet covers two pages instead
of one; two columns of the bottom table have been moved to the second page. You could try
to reduce the left and right margins, so the worksheet fits on a single page, but as you learned
in Tutorial 1, you also can change the page orientation to landscape, making the worksheet
page wider than it is tall. This will accommodate all the columns of the bottom table so all the
data will fit on the same page.
To change the page orientation:
1. Click the Setup button on the Print Preview toolbar to open the Page Setup dialog box again.
2. Click the Page tab and then click the Landscape option button, as shown in Figure 3-31.