Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
The purpose of the Internet Assignments is to challenge you to find information on the
Internet that you can use to work effectively with this software. The actual assignments are
updated and maintained on the Course Technology Web site. Log on to the Internet and
use your Web browser to go to the Student Online Companion for New Perspectives
then navigate to the assignments for this tutorial.
Use the Internet to find
and work with data
related to the topics pre-
sented in this tutorial.
SAM Assessment and Training
If your instructor has chosen to use the full online version of SAM 2003 Assessment and
Training, you can go beyond the “just-in-time” training provided on the CD that accompa-
nies this text. Simply log in to your SAM account ( http://sam2003.course.com) to launch
any assigned training activities or exams that relate to the skills covered in this tutorial.
Quick Check Answers
1. Click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar; or click Format on the
menu bar, click Cells, click the Number tab, and then select Currency from the
Category list box.
2. a. 5.8%
3. Format Painter button and Copy button
4. Increase the width of the column; decrease the font size of the text; or select the
Shrink to fit check box or the Wrap text check box on the Alignment tab in the
Format Cells dialog box.
5. Select the range, click Cells on the Format menu, click the Alignment tab, and then
select Center Across Selection in the Horizontal list box.
6. Use the Borders button on the Formatting toolbar; use the Draw Borders button in the
Border gallery; or click Cells on the Format menu, click the Border tab, and then
choose the border options in the dialog box.
7. Click Cells on the Format menu, click the Patterns tab, click the Pattern list arrow, and
then select the pattern type and color.
1. Select the cells and either click the Merge and Center button on the Formatting tool-
bar; or click Cells on the Format menu, click the Alignment tab, and then click the
Merge cells check box.
2. Select the cell, click Edit on the menu bar, point to Clear, and then click Formats.
3. Click Format on the menu bar, point to Sheet, and then click Background. Locate and
select an image file to use for the background, and then click the Insert button.
5. Excel prints all parts of the active worksheet that contain text, formulas, or values.
6. To define a print area, select a range in the worksheet, click File on the menu bar,
point to Print Area, and then click Set Print Area. To remove a print area, point to
Print Area on the File menu, and then click Clear Print Area.
7. Select the first cell below the row at which you want to insert the page break, and
then select Page Break on the Insert menu.