Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Step 3 of the Chart Wizard
Alicia wants you to add descriptive titles to the chart and to each of the axes. She also
wants you to remove the gridlines because they are not necessary in such a simple, straight-
forward chart. Using the Titles and Gridlines tabs, you will make these changes now.
To insert titles into the chart:
1. Make sure that the Titles tab is active.
2. Click the Chart title text box, type Telescope Sales by Region , and then press the Tab
key. The preview pane updates the chart image to reflect the addition of the chart title to
the chart area.
3. Type Region in the Category (X) axis text box, and then press the Tab key.
4. Type Sales ($U.S.) in the Value (Y) axis text box, and then press the Tab key. The preview
pane shows all of the new titles you entered into the chart.
5. Click the Gridlines tab.
6. Click the Major gridlines check box for the Value (Y) axis to remove the major gridlines
from the chart.
7. Click the Next button to move to the last Chart Wizard dialog box, shown in Figure 4-12.
Step 4 of the Chart Wizard
click to display
the chart in a
n ame of
click to embed
the chart in