Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Removing the NightVision 16 from the column chart
click to remove
from the chart
5. Click the OK button. The NightVision 16 sales data is no longer represented in the
Removing the NightVision 16 pie slice from the pie chart presents a slightly different
challenge. Unlike the column chart (which has multiple data series), the pie chart has
only one data series. To remove the NightVision 16 from the pie chart, you will have to
change the cell reference of the chart’s data source to exclude the NightVision 16 row.
To remove the NightVision 16 from the pie chart:
1. Switch to the Pie Chart of Sales worksheet.
2. Click Chart on the menu bar, click Source Data to open the Source Data dialog box, and
then verify that the Series tab is selected. From this dialog box, you can see that the values
for the data series are found in the cell range E6:E9 on the Sales worksheet and the cate-
gory labels come from the range A6:A9 on the same sheet. You have to change these cell
references to remove the NightVision 16 telescope from the chart.
3. Click the Collapse Dialog Box button for the Values reference box, select the range
E6:E8 , and then click the Expand Dialog Box button
to redisplay the Source Data dia-
log box with the new value range.
4. Click the Collapse Dialog Box button for the Category Labels reference box, select the
range A6:A8 , and then click the Expand Dialog Box button to redisplay the Source
Data dialog box. As shown in Figure 4-21, the preview pane displays the new pie chart with
the NightVision 16 telescope excluded.