Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
2. Click the Fill Effects button to open the Fill Effects dialog box. The tabs in this dialog box
provide a full range of options that you can use to create sophisticated and lush colors and
3. Make sure the Gradient tab is displayed in the dialog box.
You use the options on the Gradient tab to create fill effects that blend together differ-
ent and varying amounts of color. Three color options are:
• One color: To create a blend that uses different shades of one color
• Two colors: To create a blend from one color into another
• Preset: To apply a predefined blend style, including Early Sunset, Nightfall, Ocean,
Rainbow, and Chrome
You can also specify the direction of the blending effect, choosing from horizontal, vertical,
diagonal up, diagonal down, from corner, and from center. For the selected column in the cur-
rent chart, you will create a blend fill effect using a single color starting from a dark shade of
the pale-blue color. You will use a vertical shading style to give the color dimension.
To create the fill effect:
1. Click the One color option button on the Gradient tab, and then drag the scroll box to the
Dark end of the shading scale. Note that as you change the shading scale, the images in
the Variants section reflect the degree of shading.
2. Click the Vertical option button in the Shading styles section. Now the images in the
Variants section show the varying degrees of shading vertically.
3. Click the bottom-right Variants box, which shows the darker edges of the shading on the
left and right edges of the object, as shown in Figure 4-26.
Specifying a fill effect
preview of the
selected fill effect