Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
12. Which of the following storage media does not allow you to recycle by writing over
a. hard disk c. CD-ROM
b. floppy disk d. tape
13. A computer display system consists of a monitor and a
a. parallel port c. graphics card
b. network card d. sound card
14. A personal computer that is connected to a network is called a
a. desktop c. terminal
b. workstation d. PDA
15. What telecommunications hardware is needed to convert digital signals to analog
a. mouse c. modem
b. device driver d. slot
16. Which one of the following is system software?
a. Microsoft Excel c. Microsoft Paint
b. Microsoft Windows d. Microsoft Word
17. Which of the following is not a function of an operating system?
a. controls basic input and output c. manages storage space
b. allocates system resources d. carries out a specific task for the user
18. Random access memory (RAM) is measured in
19. Disk access time is measured in .
20. The clock speed of a microprocessor is measured in .
21. is the maximum number of pixels a monitor can display.
22. The transmission of text, numeric, voice, or video data from one computer to another
is called .
23. A(n) includes a computer, peripheral devices, and software.
24. The capability to send a text message from one user to another user’s account where it
is stored until the receiver opens it is called .
25. The is a huge database of information that is stored on
network servers around the world, and which users access by using browser software.
26. For each of the following data items, indicate how many bytes of storage would be
Number of Bytes
27. Read the following requirements for using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional (taken
from the documentation that accompanies the software). Then turn back to the com-
puter advertisement shown in Figure 1 at the beginning of the tutorial and determine
if the computer specifications listed in the ad are sufficient to run Office 2003.
To use Microsoft Office 2003 Professional, you need:
PC with a Pentium III or equivalent, 233 MHz or higher processor; Pentium 4 or
128 MB of RAM plus an additional 8 MB of RAM for each Office application run-
ning simultaneously; 256 MB recommended
400 MB of available hard disk space minimum; 880 MB recommended