Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Datasheet for the NEJobs database’s AvailablePositions table
in the table
Elsa wants you to copy all the records in the AvailablePositions table. You can select all
records by clicking the row selector for the field name row.
8. Click the row selector for the field name row (see Figure 2-30). All the records in the table
are now highlighted, which means that Access has selected all of them.
9. Click the Copy button
on the Table Datasheet toolbar. All the records are copied to the
Trouble? If a Clipboard panel opens in the task pane, click its Close button to close it,
and then continue with Step 10.
10. Click the Close button on the Table window title bar. A message box opens asking if
you want to save the data you copied to the Clipboard.
11. Click the Yes button in the message box. The message box closes, and then the table closes.
12. Click the Close button
on the Database window title bar to close the NEJobs database.
To finish copying and pasting the records, you must open the Position table and paste
the copied records into the table.
To paste the copied records into the Position table:
1. Click File on the menu bar, and then click Northeast in the list of recently opened data-
bases. The Database window opens, showing the tables for the Northeast database.
2. In the Tables list box, click Position (if necessary), and then click the Open button in the
Database window. The datasheet for the Position table opens.
You must paste the records at the end of the table.
3. Click the row selector for row four, which is the next row available for a new record. Make
sure the entire row is selected (highlighted).
4. Click the Paste button on the Table Datasheet toolbar. A message box opens asking if
you are sure you want to paste the records (62 in all).