Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
12. Resize all columns in the Reservation datasheet to their best fit (if necessary).
13. Print the Reservation datasheet, and then save and close the table.
14. Close the GEM database.
The purpose of the Internet Assignments is to challenge you to find information on the
Internet that you can use to work effectively with this software. The actual assignments are
updated and maintained on the Course Technology Web site. Log on to the Internet and
use your Web browser to go to the Student Online Companion for New Perspectives
then navigate to the assignments for this tutorial.
Use the Internet to
find and work with
data related to the
topics presented in
SAM Assessment and Training
If your instructor has chosen to use the full online version of SAM 2003 Assessment and
Training, you can go beyond the “just-in-time” training provided on the CD that accompa-
nies this text. Simply log in to your SAM account ( http://sam2003.course.com) to launch
any assigned training activities or exams that relate to the skills covered in this tutorial.
Quick Check Answers
1. Identify all the fields needed to produce the required information, group related fields
into tables, determine each table’s primary key, include a common field in related
tables, avoid data redundancy, and determine the properties of each field.
2. The Data Type property determines what field values you can enter for the field and
what other properties the field will have.
3. text, number, and AutoNumber fields
1. the record being edited; the next row available for a new record
2. The field and all its values are removed from the table.
3. In Design view, right-click the row selector for the row above which you want to insert
the field, click Insert Rows on the shortcut menu, and then define the new field.
5. Make sure the database into which you want to import a table is open, click the File
menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import; or, click the New button in
the Database window, click Import Table in the New Table dialog box, and then click
the OK button.
6. In navigation mode, the entire field value is selected, and anything you type replaces
the field value; in editing mode, you can insert or delete characters in a field value
based on the location of the insertion point.