Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To define the one-to-many relationship between the Employer and
1. Click the Relationships button on the Database toolbar. The Show Table dialog box
opens on top of the Relationships window. See Figure 3-6.
Show Table dialog box
You must add each table participating in a relationship to the Relationships window.
2. Click Employer (if necessary), and then click the Add button. The Employer field list is
added to the Relationships window.
3. Click Position , and then click the Add button. The Position field list is added to the
4. Click the Close button in the Show Table dialog box to close it and reveal the entire
So that you can view all the fields and complete field names, you’ll first move the Position
field list box further to the right, and then resize both field list boxes.
5. Click the Position field list title bar and drag the list to the right (see Figure 3-7), and then
release the mouse button.
6 . Use the pointer to drag the right side of each list box to widen it until the complete
field names are displayed, and then use the pointer to drag the bottom of each list box to
lengthen it until all the fields are visible. Make sure that both field list boxes no longer con-
tain scroll bars, and that they are sized and positioned similar to those shown in Figure 3-7.