Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Use the Internet to find
and work with data
related to the topics pre-
sented in this tutorial.
The purpose of the Internet Assignments is to challenge you to find information on the
Internet that you can use to work effectively with this software. The actual assignments are
updated and maintained on the Course Technology Web site. Log on to the Internet and
use your Web browser to go to the Student Online Companion for New Perspectives
then navigate to the assignments for this tutorial.
SAM Assessment and Training
If your instructor has chosen to use the full online version of SAM 2003 Assessment and
Training, you can go beyond the “just-in-time” training provided on the CD that accompa-
nies this text. Simply log in to your SAM account ( http://sam2003.course.com) to launch
any assigned training activities or exams that relate to the skills covered in this tutorial.
Quick Check Answers
1. The AutoForm Wizard creates a form automatically using all the fields in the selected
table or query; the Form Wizard allows you to choose some or all of the fields in the
selected table or query, choose fields from other tables and queries, and display fields
in any order on the form.
2. An AutoFormat is a predefined style for a form (or report). To change a form’s
AutoFormat, display the form in Design view, click the AutoFormat button on the
Form Design toolbar, click the new AutoFormat in the Form AutoFormats list box, and
then click the OK button.
3. the last record in the table
5. the question mark (?)
6. as many form records as can fit on a printed page
1. The main form displays the data from the primary table, and the subform displays the
data from the related table.
2. You use the top set of navigation buttons to select and move through records from the
related table in the subform, and the bottom set to select and move through records
from the primary table in the main form.
4. Error Checking Options
5. Design view
6. Report Header