Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Using the Task Panes
7. Click the Results should be list arrow, click the plus sign (+) next to Anything to expand
the list, to show the list of file types, if necessary, and then click the plus sign (+) next to
Office Files to expand that list, if necessary.
Trouble? If you see only minus signs instead of plus signs, the lists are already expanded.
8. Click the Office Files check box to check it, if necessary, and then click the Office Files
check box again to clear it. All of the file types under Office Files are cleared.
9. Click the Excel Files check box to select it.
10. Click the Web Pages check box to clear it, if necessary. (You might need to scroll down to
see this check box.)
11. Click outside the Results should be list box to close the list, and then click the Go button in
the task pane. The Search Results task pane opens in place of the Basic File Search task
pane. After several moments, a list of the files it found based on the criteria you entered
appears. See Figure 2-6. Note that this search may take a few minutes.
Search Results task pane
document that matches
search criteria; your result
Trouble? If you see more than one file listed in the task pane on your screen, this just
means that there are additional Excel files on your computer that contain the three words
“new fee schedule” (although not necessarily as a phrase). The LHCServices file should
appear at the top of the list.
Now you can open the workbook and copy the table to the Clipboard task pane.
To open the workbook and copy the fee schedule table:
1. In the Search Results task pane, click LHCServices . Excel starts and the LHCServices work-
2. Select cells A6 to C24 . These are the cells containing the services and fees table.
3. Click the Copy button on the Excel Standard toolbar to copy the services and fees
table to the Clipboard task pane. The ScreenTip that appears in the lower-right tells you
that you copied item 2 of 24 to the Clipboard.