Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
15. Print the New Services Brochure document, and then save and close the document.
16. Exit all open programs.
1. Explain how to use the Office Clipboard to copy and paste multiple selections.
2. When searching for files, what is the difference between using the Basic File Search
task pane and the Advanced File Search task pane?
3. Why would you import Excel data into an Access table?
4. Name two conditions Excel data must meet before you can import it into Access.
5. What do you use in Access to import data from Excel?
6. True or False: When you export, you convert data from a source program to a destina-
To reinforce the tasks you
learned in this tutorial,
go to the SAM 2003
Training Companion CD
included with this text.
In this tutorial, you learned how to use the Office Clipboard to copy and paste multiple items.
You also learned how to search for a file containing specific text, in specific locations, or of a
specific type. You prepared Excel data to be imported into an Access table, and then you
imported the data. You then exported the results of a query from Access to a Word document.
Advanced File Search
Basic File Search task pane
Clipboard task pane
rich text format
Data Files needed for the Review Assignments: LHCQuestions.doc,
LHCServicesAndSolutions.xls, LHCProducts.xls, LHCALDInfo.doc
Buena Oquendo, the community liaison for Lifestyles Home Care, has created several docu-
ments that she mails to people to try to answer commonly asked questions. One of these
documents answers five frequently asked questions that people have about home care.
Another document contains some information about assistive living devices—products that
people can use in their homes to help them continue living independently. Some of the
information she needs to include in these two documents already exists in other Office doc-
uments. Buena asks you to find and insert this information from the other Office documents.
Practice the skills you
learned in the tutorial
using the same case
To complete the documents:
1. Open the Word document LHCQuestions located in the Tutorial.02\Review folder
included with your Data Files, and then save it as Frequently Asked Questions in the
2. Press the Ctrl + End keys to go to the end of the document, and then replace Buena
Oquendo’s name with your own.