Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Activating directory synchronization through the admin center
5. To confirm directory synchronization is activated, enter the following command:
Figure 4-7 shows an example of the result. If the command returns a value of True , then
directory synchronization is enabled. Otherwise, the value returned will be False .
Figure 4-7 Using Windows PowerShell to check the status of directory synchronization.
Activating directory synchronization through the admin
Alternatively, you can activate directory synchronization through the Office 365 admin
center by following these steps:
1. Log on to the Office 365 admin center at https://portal.microsoftonline.com .
2. Click users and groups, as shown in Figure 4-8.
3. Click the Set up link for Active Directory synchronization, also shown in Figure 4-8.
Figure 4-8 Set up Active Directory synchronization for the Office 365 tenant.
4. Locate Step 3 on the Set up and manage Active Directory synchronization page and
click activate, as shown in Figure 4-9.