Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
When prompted for the holding period, you can choose to hold indefinitely or to hold for a
certain number of days, as shown in Figure 12-48.
Figure 12-48 Define hold settings.
As an example of a corporate-enforced, In-Place Hold policy, an organization could choose to
create an organization-wide, time-based hold by following these steps:
1. In the EAC, select compliance management, and then select in-place eDiscovery &
2. Click the + icon to create a new in-place hold.
3. Provide a name for the hold, and then click next.
4. Select Specify mailboxes to search, and then click the + icon.
5. In the Global Address List (GAL) dialog box, select a distribution group, such as Everyone.
Click add, and then click ok to close the GAL. Alternatively, you can simply select the
Search all mailboxes option in Step 4. Click next.