Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Microsoft Online Services Diagnostics and Logging Support Toolkit
● Determining that valid certificates are issued.
● Checking that required ports are open.
● Testing ActiveSync.
● Testing a remote procedure call (RPC).
● Testing Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) mail low.
Many connectivity issues are because of closed ports, firewall Access Control Lists
(ACLs), or misconigured DNS, especially if you have a split-DNS model. Therefore,
you should always check these first. Other issues we have encountered are self-signed
certificates and certificates that are not issued by a trusted third-party certification
authority (CA). Use the Remote Connectivity Analyzer to narrow down the
communication errors, and then check the ports, DNS settings, firewall, and certificates associated
with the service to try and troubleshoot the problem.
Microsoft Online Services Diagnostics and Logging
The Microsoft Online Services Diagnostics and Logging (MOSDAL) Support Toolkit
performs tests and collects data for Microsoft Online Services Support professionals and IT
professionals to troubleshoot Office 365 configuration issues. The tests are broken down by
categories, such as Exchange, Lync, and Applications. The types of information that
MOSDAL collects include the following:
● System configuration information
● Network configuration information
● Registry entries pertinent to Office 365
● Network ports
● HTTPS requests
● Information about Office 365 applications; for example, Office Professional Plus