Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To create a chart ➤
1. In a content placeholder, click the Insert Chart button.
On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click the Chart button.
2. In the Insert Chart dialog box, click a chart category in the left pane, click a chart
type in the right pane, and then click OK .
3. In the linked Excel worksheet, enter the values to be plotted, following the pattern
of the sample data.
4. Ensure that the blue border delineating the chart data range encompasses only the
data you want included in the chart, by dragging the blue handle in the lower-right
corner of the range.
5. Close the Excel window.
1. In the source workbook, click the chart border to select it.
2. Copy the chart to the Clipboard.
3. Switch to PowerPoint, display the slide, and then paste the chart from the Clipboard.
To open the attached worksheet so that you can edit the chart data ➤
➜ Right-click the chart, and then click Edit Data .
➜ Click the chart, and then on the Design tool tab, in the Data group, click the Edit
Tip The chart must be active (surrounded by a frame) when you make changes to the
data in the worksheet; otherwise, the chart won’t automatically update.
1. Open the chart’s attached worksheet.
2. On the Design tool tab, in the Data group, click the Switch Row/Column button.
Tip The Switch Row/Column button is active only when the worksheet is open.