Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
1.1 Create presentations
To create a blank presentation ➤
➜ Start PowerPoint. On the start screen, press Esc or click Blank Presentation .
➜ On the New page of the Backstage view, click Blank Presentation .
➜ From the program window, press Ctrl+N .
➜ On the start screen or on the New page of the Backstage view, do one of the
Click a featured template. If color options are shown in the preview window,
click the color scheme you want, and then click Create .
Double-click a featured template to create a presentation with the default
Enter a template type or subject in the Search box, and then press Enter or
click the Search button. Click a template thumbnail to preview its contents,
and then create a presentation by clicking Create in the preview window; or
double-click the template thumbnail to create a presentation without first
Click the Personal heading, and then double-click a custom or downloaded
To create a presentation based on a text file ➤
1. Create a text file that contains the slide titles for the slides you want.
2. Start PowerPoint. From the Open page of the Backstage view, browse to the folder
that contains the text file.
3. In the Open dialog box, in the File Type list, click All Files or All Outlines .
4. Double-click the text file to import it into PowerPoint, and then create blank slides
corresponding to the slide titles in the file.
To create a presentation based on a Word outline ➤
1. Create a Word document that contains the slide titles and bulleted list content for
the slides you want.
2. In the Word document, apply the Title or Heading1 style to text that equates to
new slide titles, the Heading2 style to text that equates to first-level bullet points
on the slide, and the Heading3 style to text that equates to second-level bullet
points. Then save the file.