Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
2.3 Order and group shapes and slides
1. On the View tab, click the Show dialog box launcher.
2. In the Grid and Guides dialog box, select the check boxes of the features you want
to turn on.
3. In the Spacing list, select standard grid spacing from 1/24” to 2” , or click Custom ,
enter specific spacing in the adjacent box, and then click OK .
To display the Selection pane ➤
➜ On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Select , and then click Selection Pane .
1. On the slide or in the Selection pane, select one or more shapes you want to align
with the slide.
2. On the Align menu, if Align to Slide is not selected, click that option. Then on the
Align menu, click Align Left , Align Center , Align Right , Align Top , Align Middle ,
or Align Bottom .
1. Select two or more shapes you want to align with each other.
2. On the Format tool tab, in the Arrange group, click the Align button. With Align
Selected Objects selected at the bottom of the menu, click Align Left , Align
Center , Align Right , Align Top , Align Middle , or Align Bottom .
With the Smart Guides feature turned on, drag a shape until the smart guide
indicates that it is aligned with another.
To distribute shapes evenly within the current container ➤
1. Select three or more shapes you want to distribute.
2. On the Align menu, click Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically .