Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3.2 Create appointments, meetings, and events
To create an appointment with the default settings ➤
1. In the Calendar module, display the date on which you want to schedule the
2. In the Calendar pane, click the desired time slot, or drag through consecutive time
3. Enter the information you want to appear as the appointment subject, and then
press Enter .
To open a new appointment window ➤
➜ In the Calendar module, on the Home tab, in the New group, click the New
➜ In the Calendar module, press Ctrl+N .
➜ In any module, on the Home tab, in the New group, click the New Items button,
and then click Appointment .
➜ In any module, press Ctrl+Shift+A .
To create an appointment with custom settings ➤
1. Open a new appointment window.
2. In the appointment window, enter the information you want to appear on the
calendar in the Subject and Location boxes.
3. Click or enter the appointment start date in the left Start time list and, if the
appointment extends across multiple days, click or enter the appointment end date
in the left End time list.
4. Click or enter the appointment start time in the right Start time list and the
appointment end time in the right End time list.
5. On the Appointment tab, in the Options group, click your availability during the
specified appointment time— Free , Working Elsewhere , Tentative , Busy , or Out
of Office —in the Show As list.
6. In the Options group, in the Reminder list, click the length of time prior to the
appointment (or None ) when you would like Outlook to display an appointment
7. On the Appointment tab, in the Actions group, click the Save & Close button.