Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Store contact records
The GAL doesn’t appear in the My Contacts list shown in the Folder Pane of the People
module. Outlook users can view the GAL but not change its contents. Only an Exchange
administrator can modify the GAL.
To create a custom address book ➤
1. Display the Folder tab of any module.
2. In the New group, click the New Folder button (or press Ctrl+Shift+E ).
3. In the Create New Folder dialog box, do the following, and then click OK :
a. In the Name box, enter a descriptive name for the address book.
b. In the Folder contains list, click Contact Items .
c. In the Select where to place the folder box, click your primary address book,
if you want to store all address books in one directory structure, or any other
location in which you want to store the new address book.
To add a social network address book to your My Contacts list ➤
1. Below the My Contacts list, click the Connect to a social network link.
2. In the Microsoft Office dialog box, click the social network you want to connect to.
3. In the Settings dialog box, do the following, and then click OK :
a. Enter your user name and password for the social network.
b. Click the Options button if that section is not already expanded.
c. In the Options area of the dialog box, specify whether to download contacts
from the social network, access social network updates, or display photos and
information from your contacts’ social network accounts in Outlook.
To display an address book in the People module ➤
➜ In the My Contacts list, click the address book you want to display.
To display the GAL ➤
➜ In the People module, on the Home tab, in the Find group, click the Address Book
➜ In a message composition window, on the Message tab, in the Names group, click
the Address Book button.