Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Share contact records and address books
To import a SharePoint contact list as an address book ➤
1. On your organization’s SharePoint site, display the contact list you want to work with.
2. Follow the correct step based on the version of SharePoint your organization is
In SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010: on the List tool tab, in the Connect &
Export group, click the Connect to Outlook button.
In SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2003: on the Actions menu at the top of the
content pane, click Connect to Outlook .
3. In the Internet Explorer dialog box and/or Internet Explorer Security dialog box
that opens, click Allow to give explicit permission for SharePoint to access Outlook.
4. In the Microsoft Outlook dialog box asking you to confirm that you want to
connect the SharePoint document library to Outlook, click Advanced to open the
SharePoint List Options dialog box.
5. Select or clear the Display this list on other computers with the account check
box, as follows:
To download a local copy of the document library to every computer on
which Outlook is configured to connect to the specified account, select the
To download the document library only to the computer you’re currently
using, clear the check box.
6. Select or clear the Update this subscription with the publisher’s recommendation
check box, as follows:
To have the site publisher control updates, select the check box.
To manually control updates, clear the check box.
7. In the SharePoint List Options dialog box, click OK . Then in the Microsoft Outlook
dialog box, click Yes . If a Windows Security or Connect dialog box appears,
prompting you for your SharePoint site credentials, enter your SharePoint site user name and
password, and then click OK .
To import contact records into a separate address book ➤
➜ First create the address book. Then import the contact records and specify the
address book as the import location.